What makes us different: an ART PROJECT FOR SOCIAL TRANSFORMATION
an art project for social transformation: the inventor and curator of the Festival for the Earth, Maria Rebecca Ballestra, is an artist who aims to instigate creativeness directed at positive transformation processes in science, humanities, economy, ecology and art. The conference’s location is alternating between Venice and the Principality of Monaco, two cities that are already linked by strong historical and philosophical ties, two symbolic places where the relationship between “water” and land (characterized by its scarcity) has shaped both the minds of their citizens and their history. Two places where to start for re-thinking our future.
WHO WE ARE
The Festival for the Earth is conceived by Maria Rebecca Ballestra and co-produced by her company MbR Art (incorporated in the Principality of Monaco) and Ca’ Foscari University in Venice, in partnership with the Prince Albert II Foundation – Monaco, the Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC). The Festival is made possible thanks to the funds made available by institutional and corporate sponsors. Maria Rebecca Ballestra, an artist, is the main force behind the Festival, and its curator. For the organization of the event Rebecca can count on a team of experienced professional who contribute their expertise in the field of strategy, communications, media & event management to guarantee a high profile event.
We aim to contribute to shaping a new, more sustainable future, with positive and constructive messages on how human-kind can co-exist with nature in a changed environment and how we can transform climate change in a new wave of opportunity for all. We shape our messages with the contribution of economists, managers, environmental activists, corporate entities at the forefront of environmental innovation, but also artists, whose special sensibility and absence of boundaries can help breaking barriers and reaching new grounds, successfully communicating the opportunities for positive change to greater audiences.
1. SPREAD THE WORD: CLIMATE CHANGE IS AN ENORMOUS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY
Promote the exchange of ideas and opportunities to cooperate among thinkers, businesses and economic actors
Promote & accelerate processes of transition towards greener cultural & business practices
2. ACCELERATE THE TRANSITION FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE
Promote & facilitate network opportunities among people who are making a difference, providing an environment for ACCELERATING climate-friendly initiatives
Connect universities (THINKERS), innovative companies (ENTREPRENEURS) and the general public (CITIZENS / CONSUMERS) in an ideal triangle, facilitating the development of large start-up incubator/s
3. Contribute to the development of an ENVIRONMENTAL CULTURE in future generations
- Spread positive and constructive messages to the general public
- Inform and train people in relations to the opportunities opened by the environmental emergency
- Promote & give maximum visibility to the work of people (scholars, scientists, activists, entrepreneurs, artists) who are breaking new grounds and making a difference in the environmental field
- Develop new business ideas worldwide. The Festival will promote the winning solutions coming from the prestigious BEST CLIMATE SOLUTIONS AWARD.
4. Become a major independent reference point within the international debate on how to tackle climate change
- Transform the one-shot yearly appointment of the Festival into a road-show with:
- events in all continents
- sections dedicated to the specific problems of each area of the world
- A global edition will be maintained in Europe (Venice and Principality of Monaco alternatively)
- Regional editions to be held in Middle East, Asia, South America, North America, Africa, Oceania