Call for application – Youth for the Earth Community
Are you passionate about the environment and love sharing your passion with a broader audience on social media? If you are between 18 and 30 years old, we have quite an opportunity to offer you!
Festival for the Earth is thrilled to announce the launching of the Youth for the Earth Community (Y4TEC) for its upcoming third edition, that will take place in la Serenissima, in Venice, on 3 and 4 December 2018. The Y4TEC members will have the opportunity to attend the Festival in its entirety in order to report live what is happening on their preferred social media, e.g. Twitter, Instagram, a personal blog, Facebook, etc.
Festival for the Earth invites 3 young people from any nationality, aged between 18 and 30, to apply to become a member of the Y4TEC. Knowledge of Italian is not mandatory, but preferred; whereas an advanced level of English is required. Candidates should have prior experience with sustainability-related initiatives, or have been active on social media on topics relating to sustainability.
Those selected will have the chance to follow any conference, workshop, and film screening of the Festival. Members of the Y4TEC have the responsibility to (i) objectively report the content of the events to which they participate as they take place; (ii) give their insights on those, in an appropriate manner; (iii) engage with audiences in Venice, for example by means of short videos or interviews; (iv) engage with audiences on their social media; (v) be part of our network, and, (vi) most importantly, of the nascent Community of young proactive reporters advocating for the safeguard of our mother Earth
- Applicants should be 18-30
- Good level of Italian (preferred, but not mandatory)
- Good level of English is required (B2)
- Past experience with communication on social media on topics related to sustainability
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your updated CV (one page is optimal or maximum two pages)
- English language certificate, min. B2, or equivalent
- Proof of being active on social media (description of activity + screenshot) on topics concerning sustainability. Please include any website, blog, or any other social media pages you wish us to see
- A statement of purpose made of two main sections (1 page in total is ok, max. 2 pp):
- Motivation: why do you like festivals; why Festival for the Earth; what skills will you bring? how can Festival for the earth contribute to your life or CV?, why is sustainability important to you?
- Experience: Do you have experience with social media communication? Any other communication skills? Do you have any experience in the environmental world?
- A signed letter stating your commitment to participate to the whole duration of the Festival
- Your authorization for us to publish photos, articles, and other material featuring your role as a member of Y4TEC on our media
- Any additional document you wish us to see (additional language certificates, reference letters, etc.)
During Festival for the Earth 2018, you are required to post pictures and updates on your personal social media channels, but we reserve the right to ask you to take down any material we deem not appropriate / not in line with our standards.